National Education Minister Zia Selchuk recently announced the calendar for the 2019-2020 academic year. Well, according to the new MEB regulations, what will be the age for starting 1st class, i.e. primary school and when will the kindergarten registration for children of any age start? Here are those who are interested in the new MEB regulations …
The question of when the school will open is on the agenda of the students. Following the amended MEB regulations, National Education Minister Zia Seluk announced the waiting changes for students one after another. According to the 2019-2020 education calendar, schools will open on Monday, September 9, 1 week earlier this year So what will be the age to start 1st class this year, will 66 year olds start primary school, at what age will kindergarten registration start? The curious ones here …
The age of commencement of primary school was increased from 66 months to 69 months by the amendment made in the law on 27 June 2019 and at the same time, on 10 July 2019, the regulation was changed in this context.
Kin was the age to start the class: The registration period for nursery classes is explained in the 11th article of the same regulation. (See 10 July 2019 as amended)
* Under this provision, children who have completed 57 months and have not completed 69 months are registered in kindergarten.
* If there are vacancies, then children aged 45 – 56 months can also be registered. However, this requires space.
Description : Monthly calculations based on end of September.
* If you are going to register for the 2019 – 2020 academic year, children who have completed the month at the end of September 2019 will be registered.
* When enrolling in kindergarten class, it starts with children who have completed 57 months. The largest age group is for children who have not completed 69 months. However, students can be admitted up to 45 months if there is a vacancy in the classroom.
* In addition, children aged 69 – 70 – 71 months who have reached primary school have the right to delay for 1 year. These children may be admitted to kindergarten. In addition, if these children have not been to kindergarten before, preference is given.
When will the school open according to the new regulations?: According to the calendar information of the Ministry of National Education, the school will open on September 9, 2019. According to the new arrangement implemented this year, the first holiday will be held on 18-22 November 2019.
Semester break is set for January 20-31, 2020. The second semester will begin on February 3, 2020. The second break will be on April 6-10, 2020. The second half of the second term, which begins April 13, ends June 19, and the 11-week summer vacation begins.
An explanation from Selkuk, looking at the demand that the summer vacation be shortened
The Ministry of National Education has shared the following information about the Zia Seluk Regulations;
“Every April and November there will be a week off.
The first intermediate holiday will coincide with the date 18-22 November.
According to the new model, the school will now open one week earlier and close one week later. However, this will not shorten the total vacation time.
– The 2019-2020 academic year will begin on September 9, 2019.
– The first interim leave will be held on 18-22 November 2019. (9 days including weekly leave)
– The first term will run from November 25 to January 17.
– The semester break will be between 20-31 January 2020. (16 days including weekly leave)
– The second semester education period will start on February 3, 2020.
– A second break will be given between 06-10 April 2020. (9 days including weekly leave)
– The second half of the second term, which will begin on April 13, will end on June 19, and the 11-week summer vacation will begin.
Documents required for 2019 kindergarten registration
Following are the required documents from the parents of the students at the time of pre-registration for the students who will start their kindergarten this year. (These documents may vary depending on school conditions)
* Documents required for pre-registration of Kindergarten:
* Original and photocopy of student identity card
* Original and photocopy of student ID card
** For example population registration
* Vaccine card
* Kindergarten Pre-Registration Application Form (to be paid from the school)