Students continue their learning process for many years as they begin their learning life. Students are also given the right to miss school. Conducts research on whether students who have completed these absences will be in the classroom. Well, is it possible to fail in class due to absence? Here is the answer to the curious question.
Are there any class failures in secondary school?
One wonders whether it is possible to drop out of class due to absence from secondary school. MEB is making a statement in this regard. According to the Primary Education and Education Act No. 222 of the regulations, all students who have completed primary school are required to register with the secondary school for the new term. Ensuring student attendance at school is provided by parents, teachers, provincial / district national education departments and civilian authorities. The absence of a student who does not attend a few lessons is reflected in the e-school system as half a day. Students have the right to be absent for a total of 15 days in a semester. Attendance status is tracked through e-school system. Students with any disease cannot come to school with report. Unexplained absences are reflected in the system as rude absences. Students’ year-end scores are calculated by dividing their total course hours. The average should not be less than 45.
Students who meet the right not to attend school are absent from school. Students who do not attend class and do not participate in the test repeat the grade. It is compulsory for every student to attend class and participate in the test. Students who are absent for 20 days without any excuse and do not take part in the examination will get the result as a result of the decision of the Board of Teachers to pass or fail the class. With 15 days of valid excuses and 20 days of unnecessary absence, the chances of passing the class will be difficult. In case of transfer, the student is given five days. The absence of a student who attends a single lesson and does not attend another lesson is treated as a half day.
There are no class failures for primary school students. This is because students are educated together with their peers. Separating a student from his / her social environment and his / her peers can separate him / her from his / her school. However, the success of the student who is absent for more than 20 days will be affected in the next class.
However, in secondary education, students can fail in class. Following Kurush’s decision, the student’s report is recorded in the e-school system and a copy is taken. Student parents should also be informed about this. After confirmation, it is determined whether a grade will be repeated. In short, high school students can fail in the classroom. Students can repeat a grade with a decision of 6K. Students who are absent for more than 20 days decide to repeat or pass their class by the Branch Board of Teachers.
What is student control?
Student Regulation explains the rights of students while they are in school. The decisions of this regulation are as follows:
1) Parents and school administrators, provincial / district national education departments, education inspectors, civil administrators enrolling students of primary and compulsory primary education age in primary education institutions are obliged to ensure attendance of children in school in accordance with relevant school provisions. Primary Education and Education Act No. 222.
2) The condition of the student who does not attend the next one or more classes without any excuse, even if he attends the first lesson in a regular and dual education school, is immediately reported to the school administration and his / her parents. Absence is counted as half day.
3) Among the students of the primary education institution, who go to places where there is no address and there is no school, their situation is recorded in a timely e-school attendance section. Student absenteeism is constantly monitored by the school administration through e-school system.
4) The foreign address of the students going abroad is registered in the e-school system by the school administration. Measures were taken by the ministry to ensure their attendance at schools abroad. In this case, students’ records or those whose addresses cannot be determined abroad are passed through the e-school system until they are out of school age.
5) Based on the student’s valid excuse and the parent’s application, the school administration may allow up to 15 days in an academic year.
(6) Children who cannot go to school due to an infectious disease may go to the institution with a report from the health institution so that there is no objection.
In the last week of the second semester, the branch teacher board decides whether to pass the grade or to repeat the grade for students who are absent for 20 days in the academic year without any excuse and whose score at the end of the year is less than 45. In any course.