Mert Nobre, who played for two Turkish Super League giants Fenerbahce and Besiktas, has worked in Akhisarspor, Hatayaspor, Genlarbirligi and Altaye since leaving football. The 42-year-old made statements about his coaching career, Fenerbahce, Besiktas and Turkish football. Here is the answer to Nobre’s question:
– What are you doing first? How is your coaching / coaching career going?
I’m fine. Coaching is really something else. Acting is easy. I loved coaching. I worked in Turkey. But it has been difficult. Turkey has no patience. Unfortunately not. There is a new generation of teachers. They are promising. Everything will be different in football. Hopefully there will be another soon. This is how I feel and believe.
“You do a great job, the manager may not like you.”
– Have you worked as a coach in the deep-rooted communities of Turkey? Which team do you think is happiest and most successful?
During my football career, I had a lot of fun at Fenerbahce and Besiktas. The situation is very different with coaching. I can say that I was happier at Gençlerbirliği. I tried to set up the camp system. I fought hard. But; Scores are not the only thing that matters in Turkey. I saw it. There are Turkish managers, sports directors and many more. I think it’s a Turkish culture. You are doing very well, but the manager is involved, the situation is completely different.
“Invoice delivered in 90 minutes in Turkey, it is sad”
– We can say that Turkey is your second home after Brazil. You said that. Do you have any plans to continue as a coach in Turkey?
Honestly, my plan is to continue my career in Turkey first. I will work in the new season if I get lucky. My first option is Turkey. Then Brazil. Super League or TFF 1st League, it doesn’t matter. Let it be a project. It’s important. I believe this. When I say project, it should be long term. It will take at least 6 months for the new trainers to set up the system. But the bill was issued in 90 minutes in Turkey. It’s sad.
“George Jesus Overcome the Challenges”
– Sir, Fenerbahce, whose jersey you wore before, has brought Portuguese coach Jorge Jesus into the coaching position. What would you say about Jesus? Did it come at the right time?
Jesus is a very experienced coach. But it can be hard. Why? Because Ismail Kartal did a great job last season. Now Jesus’ work has become more difficult. Think; You have a Turkish teacher, he is doing a very good job. Then comes a new and branded teacher, but it may not have the same effect. Jesus will suffer a lot if this happens. Can he overcome it with experience? Why not. New players will come after the new coach. Fenerbahce has a good squad. Despite this, I think Jesus will transfer 3-4. He is a very successful teacher. He has the experience of overcoming adversity.
“Alex arrives in Fenerbahce early”
– Alex de Souza is a very valuable name for the Fenerbahce community. When do you think Alex Fenerbahce will be ready for the head? Did they have a working situation with Jesus, did they talk?
He is a legend. I didn’t talk to Alex about it. It will take some time for Alex to come to Fenerbahce. Will definitely come in the future. When I spoke to him, he said he wanted to gain experience first. Alex thought about it. First experience, then Fenerbahçe. He loves Fenerbah very much. I don’t think he wants to be disappointed.
Mesut Ozil hurts Fenerbahce
– Mesut Ozil was dropped from Fenerbah’s squad. “I respect the club’s decision,” said Jorge Jesus at the signing ceremony. Do you think Mesut Ozil era is over in Fenerbahce?
Mesut Ozil is a very good actor. Global star. It is difficult for us to make decisions from outside. I don’t know the details of what is inside. What will Jesus do? In the end, it’s the decision of the president and the management. The decision was made last year. Jesus did not exist then. Of course, I hope you will sit in Fenerbahce and talk to Mesut and win over Ozil. I think Jesus should be a pioneer in this matter. That’s good. Alex came after with great expectations. Mesut Ozil is hitting Fenerbahce. That shouldn’t be the case.
“Serdar could be Aziz and Irfan”
– Who should be the new captain in Fenerbahce? We know that Serdar Aziz and Irfan Kan Kahvechi are two prominent names. Are these two names ready for captaincy when Mesut leaves?
Both players can be captains. But Jesus will decide. You see, he can transfer and say he wants another captain. In addition, if these players are to be captains, they must be captains on and off the field. I think it’s very valuable.
“I believe in the Fenerbahce Championship”
– Will Fenerbahçe win with Jesus?
I believe in Jesus. He is a good teacher. Fenerbahce has no choice but to win the championship. If he does not become the champion, then the days of great misery and stress for President Ali Kok could continue. But this year I believe in Fenerbahce, they will succeed.
“Serdar Dursun is good but …”
-What is your comment about Sardar Dursun?
Of course, every player has flaws. This is what you see when you are a coach. Serdar Dursun is a good striker. But maybe Fenerbahce needs a different player. Serdar occasionally misses many positions. He should have scored at least 20 goals. If you want to be a champion then you must be a big team and all your attackers must score goals. Let’s look at what the Larin-Abubakar-Gezal trio did in Beşiktaş, for example. It can’t be with Serdar alone. For the championship, your offensive line must be active and the players on this line must be able to score 50 goals this season.
“Ishmael has less credit than Jesus”
– Let’s get to Besiktas … You played Besiktas too. Beşiktaş won the championship with Sergeant Yalkin. Later, Yalkin resigned. Wonder Caravelli has arrived temporarily and now has Valerian Ismail. Will there be a long-term partnership with Ismail?
It has an advantage and a disadvantage. The season we left behind has recognized this league. I think he is more convenient than Jesus. They may show less patience with Ismail. This is the fault. Jesus has a little more credit. Valerian Ismail, for example, has 8 match credits. Expectations are high. It can also create stress. It can cause stress. In the new season, of course, he will fix his arrangements. He will want some players who fit his system perfectly. Fans want results. The team is also waiting to become the champion.
Alex Teixeira is not number 10 “
– Alex Teixeira is a high quality actor. But for some reason, it did not work in Beşiktaş. What do you think is the reason, sir?
He is a very good player. What did Shakhtar Donetsk do in his time! He did not play well after China. He has done a lot of damage. There is no match for 6 months. Think. There is a fact called match fitness. Don’t forget. Alex has suffered a lot in this. This league is not an easy league either. When I spoke to him, he said, “I’m not satisfied with my performance.” Alex thinks he’ll be able to get closer to the wing, not number 10. I talked to him about this. If he continues with Beşiktaş and plays like this, it will be more efficient.
“BEŞİKTAŞ must move 4-5”
– My teacher, how many transfers does Beşiktaş have to make to become a champion? I’m interested in your feedback. Even if the economy of the clubs is in the middle, the management will try. We also know this.
Center-backs, midfielders and strikers must be transferred precisely. Who will be in the wing? Those who go can also stay. I think they should move at least 4-5. I think they will too.
“Hopefully, there will be no tough competition in Europe.”
– Do you think Turkish teams will succeed in Europe? Do you think Trabjanspar will be able to advance in the Champions League? In addition, our other teams will also chase success.
Football in Europe is different. Things are not really easy there. Abdullah Avcı is a smart coach. Hopefully no tough opponents will come. I want them to succeed. I wish not only Trobans but all the teams representing Turkey in Europe to be successful.