To ensure that students are ready for the exam process, they must be able to learn fully. The reason I use the concept of “learning entirely” here is because the learning process is not a process that only covers thoughts and behaviors such as “taking personal lessons, doing homework, taking exams, repeating lessons”. Meeting the emotional needs of students during developmental growth plays a crucial role in the learning process.
The biggest mistake of communication: Talking notes!
During this time, parents should focus on what they should or should not do when interacting with their children, such as whether they study for their studies, how many points they get on exams, study instead of going out, or not playing with them. Can give. Their phone. Although this situation prioritizes the behavior of their children in communication; She can keep in touch which includes feelings about her feelings, thoughts about the future, worries and fears or expressions of her / her frustration in the background.
During this time, it is very important to create a place for students’ emotional needs such as noticing, supporting, accepting, feeling valued, safe, respected and happy in both the testing process and the psycho. – Social development of young person.
Adolescents feel understandable and secure because their families have accurate and adequate information about adolescence. At this time conflict started with the family on many issues. Although these conflicts are interpreted negatively, they contribute to individual freedom. However, how the family manages these conflicts plays an important role in the adolescent process.
It is important to take on the role of a supportive guardian, not an instructor.
Exam preparation can become an important issue for a person, especially in the youth, when their interest increases and rapid growth and development occurs. Therefore, students may move to different interests outside the classroom or may have difficulty concentrating on the lesson.
During this developmental period for students who are preparing for the exam period, their self-esteem may change. Their self-esteem may be unrealistically low or high. This situation can push the young person to think unrealistically about the testing process. On the one hand, the young man’s efforts for autonomy increase and he tries to make independent decisions about his own life.
10 Important Things Parents Should Pay Attention to, Especially with the Procedure of Examination Process;
– Assist students in creating the necessary conditions for adequate preparation for the exam. For example, let him create an environment where he can work comfortably, such as a balanced diet and sleep, a quiet study environment, adequate books, and a tutor.
– In the role of an informative and helpful guardian instead of a guide and guardian of choice in choosing a career. In elections, the criteria should be young people, not parents.
– Emphasize the efforts of young people rather than success and failure away from perfectionist expectations.
– Set flexible and alternative goals together in addition to the current goal.
– Stay away from success-oriented language like “If you win, I’ll take it” “If you pass the test, you can go”!
– When your child comes out of the test, “How was your test?” Instead of “How are you?” Focus on her feelings by asking questions like this.
– Although the characteristics of adolescence show the same characteristics, the story of each teenager is unique. Therefore, evaluate adolescents on the basis of their individuality, that is, on the basis of their current potential, without comparing them with others.
– In this process it is normal for the young person to have negative feelings like stress and anxiety. The important thing is not to completely eliminate stress, but to live it with an intensity that will not affect its effectiveness. All these attitudes and behaviors help the youth to reduce both the stress caused by the development process and the stress caused during the test period.
– Observe the person’s feelings, thoughts and behavior.
– Get help if you notice that your child is in a severe emotional state that he or she is having difficulty dealing with, or if he or she is expressing himself, if the emotional intensity is slowly increasing and this situation is beginning to negatively affect the youth’s performance. . From a specialist psychotherapist.